1. What types of communication skill training have you had recently?
2. What are your strengths when communicating?
3. What communication behaviors have others indicated you may wish to change?
4. Which communication behaviors used by three people important to your career (superior,
5. What experience do you think of when you hear the word "authority?"
6. How do you feel about conflict? Why? Who do you have most conflict with?
7. What is your reaction verbally and non-verbally when confronted with silence (no feedback)?
8. Are you comfortable giving/receiving praise? Why?
9. What specific communication behaviors do you use that may be similar to family members - father, mother, grandparents, siblings, etc.?
10. What were you told about communicating when you were a child? (example: "Children should be seen and not heard.")
11. Are you emotional when you communicate and why? What are your reactions to people who communicate emotionally?
12. What traits of character do you try to apply in communications with others? (Honesty, persistence, etc.)
13. What religious, ethical, or moral principle(s) do you try to apply in conversations with others? (example: "I'll always tell the truth.") How would you like others to perceive you?
order "Be Your Own Executive Coach":
©2002 Peter deLisser. All rights reserved.